Ensure that sound financial processes are in place to deliver transparent accounting, accurate & timely cash flow management, financial analysis & reporting and adequate internal financial controls in the Program Unit with special support to Partners
Dimensions of the Role
- Budget planning and Monitoring
- Accounting and Treasury
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Internal Financial Controls
- People Management
Budget Planning and monitoring
- Participates to the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets
- Monitor PU budget and provides regular budget Vs Actual analysis for information to the PU (Program Unit) Management Team and CFM.
- Liaise with Program and Grant Teams to appropriately manage projects (including Grants) financial information in corporate systems (SAP & SAP BI)
- Prepare timely Monthly Grant financial reports as per FAD schedule and in accordance with the donor’s requirements.
- Review Project Outlines and modifications to ensure accuracy of codification and budget availability as per latest funding budget with specific outputs for apportioned cost ( 3001) and shared direct cost ( 2961)
Accounting and treasury:
- Reviews and consolidates PU monthly cash forecast with bi-weekly cash refresh.
- Ensures petty cash surprised count is performed at least quarterly and kindly documented.
- Ensure that the PU has sufficient funds for operations and project implementation.
- Ensures that all period thirteen (13) transactions are reviewed, approved and posted
- Ensure that shared direct costs (PU operations and salaries) are recorded in a monthly basis in appropriate Projects based on the donor budget allocation.
Financial reporting and analysis:
- Prepare PU financial Monthly & Quarterly reports ( receivables, liabilities, prepayment, staff advances..) and send to Business Analyst for review and consolidation
- Consolidates and send to Business Analyst updates of partner Advances Report regularly at the end of every month.
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliation and Target Bank Balances and pops up noted irregularities to CFM before his/her signed off.
- Reviews Year End schedules and reports.
- Ensure that grant financial reports are prepared based on donor requirements and timely
Internal Financial Control
- Ensure that Delegation of Authority summary Form for office is followed at the level of PU and inform the CFM on any changes
- Review all vouchers (cash disbursement, cash receipt, journals) for completeness, accuracy and consistency with attached supporting documents in compliance with the Operations Manual (OM) and local laws and before the authorization of Program Unit Manager.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded into SAP., if there is any exception, get in touch with CFM for direction
- Ensures that management of cash complies with the key requirements of the OM (Operations manual) and or other management controls as appropriate.
- Prepares and updates duties segregation matrices.
- Conducts field visit at least minimum of once a month to support partners if available
- Identifies areas of internal control weakness and reports to the CFM.
- Acts upon the financial component of audit through the monthly Audit Action list status report.
- Coordinates with the CFM on banking regulatory changes/updates affecting financial transactions.
- Trains Finance, non-Finance and Partner staff on Finance related processes and procedures.
- Conduct interim and final evaluation of direct report staff based on PMS guidelines.
- Mentors/coaches staff on continuous basis
- Conduct regular meeting with staff.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fair knowledge of project management
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting and grant funds management regulations and procedures;
- Good experience and knowledge on internal financial controls and procedures.
- Good experience in project reporting requirements
- Problem solving skills
- Good team player (ability to work in a team)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially excel
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Independent minded, objective and demonstrate a sense of integrity.
- Organized, methodical and meticulous
- Innovation and willingness to learn at a faster rate
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
- Tolerant of difference – cultural sensitivity in relation to its impact on HR
- Monthly feedback on time
- Monthly Reporting on time.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply“. Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: BERTOUA – CAMEROON
Closing date: 05th January 2021
Females candidates are highly encouraged to apply